Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow Day!


Today was a special sort of snow day. My dad picked Luke up this morning for a day of fun in the snow. And I had the day and the house to myself. I listened to NPR. I methodically graded my students' essays. I drank countless cups of lukewarm coffee. I watched birds eat seed Cory threw on the snow. Truly--it's been four years since I've had this sort of day: not a work day, no responsibility, no schedule, pajama clad, whatever-I-want-to-do day.

And I do feel refreshed. I felt the same way after Christmas vacation. It was a different sort of break this year. In the past, I remember returning to work sometimes more worn out than when I left. But this year I returned relaxed, rejuvenated, and clear-minded. We had a beautiful Christmas. Busy. Sometimes stressful. Completely unscheduled. And I think we, my husband and I, just decided to go with the flow. And there's something to this that I'm finding necessary for happiness in our day to day life. I haven't been able to put my finger on why those two weeks in the end of December were different until today. Read the passage from Hebrews first.

Psalm 56, 57, 58/64, 65 [morning/evening]
Genesis 19:1-29
Hebrews 11:1-12
John 6:27-40

No comments:

Post a Comment