Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1928


You know those long-range items on your to do list that, require time to resolve--and here, I mean months and months; they pester throughout the day--like a constant nagging--and have significant consequences--either victory or near negligence. I resolved one of those today. And despite my aversion to onomatopoeia, ...whew.

But I'm sitting here feeling quite foolish. Worry is a parasite. A joy-sucking, fear-mongering, sometimes immobilizing lie.

Psalm 78:1-39/78:40-72 [morning/evening]
Genesis 26:1-33
Hebrews 13:17-25
John 7 [I increased this myself...I'm behind.]


Programming Note: I used a birthday present (Amazon Gift Card! thank you friends!) and purchased a 1928 version of The Book of Common Prayer. I had been wanting one for some time--at some point, I read something in one of Madeleine L'Engle's books about only using this early 20th century version. I'm still looking for the passage which made me think so, but there are quite a few changes! The most obvious being that the readings are equally distributed between morning and evening. At any rate, I plan to switch on Ash Wednesday--the beginning of Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment