Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blogging

What I'm about to write will plainly reveal the amount of confidence I have in this blog...but, here goes: I'm not sure how much I enjoy this process. There's the pressure to actually do it. The journal-esque quality that I don't want it to have. The way it affects my reading--"ok, so what here among the four options [Psalms, Old Testament, Gospel, New Testament] will spark my interest enough, merge neatly enough with my day, allow me just enough insight to throw something down on the screen." And to be honest, I haven't enjoyed those feelings and thoughts. After all--it ties everything here into a ridiculously small package...just that which would fit inside my head. My head...that's it right there. I don't want to end there--ever.

I don't want my own understanding of the world to be just my own. It's boring. Sometimes very skewed. I don't want to interpret events through a lens I can't let go of. Because the truth of the matter is that I'm not completely satisfied with my understanding or interpretations. And the older I get, the more I don't want to be at the center of anything--attention or action or thought.

Psalm 72/Psalm 119:73-96 [morning/evening]
Genesis 22:1-18
Hebrews 11:23-31
John 6:52-59
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment