Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Save and Deliver

As I write this, I pause occasionally for quick hugs from my son. He's watching a favorite TV show, drinking some milk, but mainly standing behind me with his hand down the back of my shirt (it's his "security blanket"...he does it to anyone he loves...). Such a peaceful, slow morning. I'm enjoying this moment. And moments have been much more important to me lately.... There's that moment before I make a decision when I can stop and consider my decision. There are fleeting seconds of intense beauty that take my breath away--mujsically, artistically, or naturally. Moments of beautiful love from my family--when I question the ability of my heart to contain it all. And I wonder if this is one of the things that differentiate children from adults. Luke has no idea what's coming his way today--good or bad. He's satisfied right now and not attempting to plan each minute of his day. Just enjoying this one.

I've never before picked up on the moment in Matthew's account of Jesus clearing the temple where the children began to sing for Him. And Jesus acknowledges their praise. Though His response is simple, there's something profound about the interaction--He's not surprised. Caught up in the moment--the exciting, dramatic, miracle-marked moment--the children did what they were created to do. Without hesitation.

Psalm 7
Proverbs 3:1-12
Matthew 21:12-22
Romans 4
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment