Sunday, December 21, 2008

Recovery

We are still in the throes of Luke's illness. The doctors warned us it would be hills and valleys and not the gradual climb to recovery. "Everyone" says babies are resilient, and that's certainly true; Luke popped back into himself yesterday and we rejoiced.

All sorts of other recovery must take place though--the laundry room could use some rehabilitation, I may have to resuscitate the pantry, and we're injecting some last minute Christmas runs into the day. More than those things, I'm finding it hard to "get back to normal." I don't know if it's the single-minded focus to the week ("Make my child better...") or the complete removal of every other aspect of life from the day. In all regards, life just feels mechanical at present.

A take away....because we're always looking for application...I will be there in some form or fashion when friends experience what we went through this week. I want to make my concern tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment